Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You Like What You Like

Okay, as I sit here listening to "Santa Baby" in the middle of September watching people buy thousands of dollars worth of Christmas decorations I wonder why.  Why spend so much on something that you will only used a few months out of the year?  The answer?  Because you like it and it makes you happy!  People like the sense of accomplishment and visual stimulation they get after a weekend of hardcore decorating.  They enjoy trying new things.  Decorating for the holidays is like being an artist with a whole room (or house) as your palette.  I don't know why I was so judgmental before.  People like what they like and that is ultimately why we are here.  I know I like what I like and I don't care what other people think about it, and I spend my hard earned paycheck on what makes me happy.  So, that being said, be proud of what you like.  Don't let anyone tell you that you have "bad taste," there is no such thing!  And remember, if you had a nickel for every time someone told you they didn't like your taste, you'd be a five cents richer and still be surrounded by the things that you love.
~Liz