Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Well, with knots in my stomach and cringing the whole way to the showroom floor, I announced to everyone two weeks ago that we would do a one-week sale of 50% off on all of our non-consigned fine art. What started out to be a gut-wrenching risk turned out to be one of the most heart-warming experiences we've ever had here at the gallery! So many people came in after seeing the email newsletter and were SO HAPPY! They all said the same thing - they had been looking at xyz image for over a year and could never afford it until now! They knew everything about the artists, and had been paying much more attention to us than I ever realized. I was then THRILLED that I could actually help someone start an art collection who really appreciated the art and realized what a spectacular piece they could now own. I was comfortable knowing that even though they paid a stupidly low price for it, that the art would not end up in a garage sale 10 years from now. I guess the only sad part is that we would have worked with all these folks had we known they were so in love with the art to begin with!

While I doubt I'll ever do another 50% off sale on the finest of the fine art, we are ALWAYS happy to discuss options and layaway plans. - But just to see who's reading this, I'll tell ya what - I'll extend the 50% off for our bloggers until November 7th. The list of the fine art included in this offer is here. Just tell the gang that you saw it on the gallery blog!

Thanks, and have a great week!
Angela

No comments: